Frequently Asked Questions By Realtors About Tax Issues
Below are several questions that often come up when realtors are facing their own tax issues. These answers are brief and can be expanded upon by our dedicated tax law attorney and CPA at Willi Law Office, LLC.
- Why should I hire a tax attorney?
- How long does it take to process an application for tax lien withdrawal with IRS?
- How soon can I start the process?
- My title agent says that they can remove the tax lien. Why should I hire you?
- How much do you charge to remove a tax lien?
Why should I hire a tax attorney?
- Complex tax situations require the involvement of professional assistance. A CPA can be your go-to person when you have questions about tax preparation or general issues. A tax attorney should become involved when the law becomes involved, such as when an audit is initiated, you are made aware that there is a criminal investigation into your taxes or lack thereof or even when you just want someone who can protect your rights communicating with the IRS on your behalf. At our firm, Kaye P. Willi is not only an experienced CPA but also a highly knowledgeable tax attorney. She can provide insight and protection on many issues due to her multifaceted abilities.
How long does it take to process an application for tax lien withdrawal with IRS?
- It takes between 45 to 60 days for IRS to process a completed application for partial withdrawal of a tax lien.
How soon can I start the process?
- Although you may be aware of the existence of a tax lien, you can submit an application for partial withdrawal with IRS until the seller and the buyer have executed a binding contract.
- When we prepare a lien withdrawal application, we work closely with the title agent, who can provide much of the information that IRS requires. However, we are generally much more experienced in the process of submitting IRS lien withdrawal applications and getting them successfully approved than most title agents.
- Although you may benefit indirectly from our services in preparing and submitting the lien withdrawal application, you do not have to pay us. We are paid from the proceeds of sale at closing, and our fee will not reduce the amount of your commission in any way.
Get the information you need by calling Willi Law Office, LLC, at 614-890-0500.
Meet Our Staff
Kaye P. Willi