Kaye Willi is both a Tax Attorney and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), with over twenty years’ experience in the private practice of law. Before opening her law practice in 1996, Kaye was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Ohio and a senior tax consultant with an international accounting firm. Because she focuses her practice in the areas of tax advocacy and tax dispute resolution, Kaye is able to stay current with the most recent changes in the IRS Regulations and procedures, and is able to offer her clients the most cutting-edge procedures and techniques available. Kaye is also licensed to practice before the U.S. Tax Court.
Kaye lives in Galena with her husband, Mark, and two extremely spoiled Siamese cats. Their son, Brian, a graduate of St. Charles Preparatory School, is currently serving in the U.S. Navy. Kaye and Mark are active members of St. Paul the Apostle Parish, in Westerville. In their free time they enjoy hiking, bicycling, and other outdoor activities.
Areas of Practice
- Audit Defense
- Tax Advocacy
- Tax Dispute Resolution
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Trust Administration
Certifications & Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant, Ohio Accountancy Board
- OSBA Board Certified Specialist: Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
Contributing Author, Your Business and the IRS: A Survival Guide (230 Media, LLC 2020).
- U.S. Tax Court
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- The Ohio State University, M.A., Economics
- Miami University, B.A., International Studies
- Ohio State Bar Association: Trust & Probate Law Section
- Ohio Society of CPAs: Tax Section
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Estate Planning Council
- Worthington Estate Planning Council
- Central Ohio Planned Giving Council
- Columbus Catholic Foundation: Professional Advisors Group
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Adjunct Professor: Capital University Law School (2001 – 2013)
- Legal & Financial Editor: Senior Source Magazine (2000 – 2005)
- Allied Attorney: Alliance Defending Freedom (2004 – present)